Laird of the Glen (Eagles)
If you’ve ever dreamt of living on a secluded estate circled by golf fairways and ponds and separated from your weekday life by a single road, you probably thought it only existed in the Scottish countryside.
Yet the quiet haven of Gleneagles in Canberra’s Popular Southern suburbs offers many of the same qualities. Surrounded by the greenery and waterways of the Murrumbidgee Country Club and isolated from the nearest neighbourhood by Learmonth Drive, this delightful residence at 20 Ivo Whitton Drive is a substantial 4/5 bedroom home set on more than 920sqm of land amid meticulously landscaped gardens that were designed to be low maintenance and seasonally alluring.
Inside you’ll find a generous single-level floor plan covering 211sqm featuring two excellent living areas plus a large open plan ultra-modern kitchen and an inviting casual family room, both of which lead directly on to two wonderful balconies where you can enjoy the gorgeous views to the Brindabellas.
The stunning kitchen has extensive bench space, a modern dishwasher, and a large pantry – making entertaining your friends a delight – and allowing smooth access to both family and dining areas.
After dark, the sleeping areas are just as inviting – the master bedroom features an ensuite and walk-in robe plus direct access to the main balcony while the family bedrooms are equally as spacious and include wardrobes. A fifth room is currently used as a study but could just as easily be used as a bedroom/nursery if that works better for your family’s needs.
The home’s slab flooring also creates a superb facility under the main house for additional storage and there is a more than generous, remote-controlled double garage. Coupled with its beautiful presentation, the home has also been professionally painted and includes functional extras such as reverse cycle air-conditioning, an alarm system and a Crimsafe entry door. There’s also easy off-street parking to accommodate additional family vehicles or a boat/trailer.
Little wonder this is an area that’s so tightly-held by its canny occupants and that’s why properties only rarely surface for sale in this much sought-after quiet patch of the Glen.
When you consider the discreet location, the size of the land and home, the naturally green surrounds and the fact that you’re within a moments’ drive of city conveniences, this is an opportunity worth toasting each and every day.
• Master bedroom/ensuite/WIR with direct access to the balcony
• Four bedrooms in total plus good sized study or 5th bedroom
• Alarm system/Crimsafe front door
• Reverse cycled a/c systems
• Sun filled and private, single level generous home
• Two fantastic balcony areas directly off the family/kitchen
• Two separated living areas for formal and informal lifestyles
• Slate tiled entrance
• Uber modern kitchen and family room for easy maintenance
• Large family bathroom and separate w/c
• Excellent laundry space
• Neutral modern interiors
• Solar panelled roof for reduced electricity costs
• Oversized double garage/workspace
• Double driveway plus off street parking if needed for a boat /trailer or both
• Generous under home storage
• Wonderful landscaped & established gardens
• Very sought after estate
Outgoings & Property Information:
Living size: 211sqm approx.
Block size: 926sqm
Garage size: 46.6sqm approx.
Rates: $3,359 per annum
Land tax (if rented): $5,026 per annum
Year Built: 1993